Our Man in Europe/now Belize/Dave Delacroix: "BRIGADOON!"
...(I say:) EASY ON THE PARMESAN, it dries up the Pasta sauce; the Linguini will wave its own white flag. AND do NOT go with Habaneros Chilies into that Curry night? Your dinner guests, around your elegant table: A petrified Forest!!! (Poor charred bastards!)
CUCINA (Kitchen) "weekenders" abound including their USE & ABUSE of Garlic/Cilantro, menu extras like Seaweed or "Heart-ti-Choked" laced Colman's mustard which CAN, ahem, prove FATAL; husband-deaths by avaricious Spinsters - I'm sure - Sherlock Holmes uncovered many a Case? GASLIGHTING, in its Societal-infancy I fancy? An Escargot here & there?
And don't get me STARTED! -On Agatha Christie who DID try to be discreet for long-suffering, working class housewives, specifically, non-aristocrats, whose husbands, cantankerous, who, Mill slaves/Coal Miners, whined-abused, probably drunk who "brought home the BACON."
And LESS said 'bout DAT! Bacon, anyways, ignited their Colon Cancer! A Victorian-Age Pathologist's "misty-fiable-conclusion!" Islamist would consider it "Infidel" retribution. Their Widows/with Kids escaped back to the country!
Yet WHO!? (Reiner Maria RILKE, German Poet:) IN the Kitchen, maybe CONNECTED to the Order of the Angels (!?) The ORDER of the GOLDEN SPOON!!? Those white-winged/fluffy/Cats when I CITE THE BORGIAS, culinary-poisoning - de rigeur - or the TIP of a SWORD to dispose of HAMLET; a "Mission-Impossible" ("This TAPE will self-destruct in 30 seconds!), HISTORY'S ENCORE! A bleak silence.
I Just made some SOUP! It's call BRIGADOON! Named after a Scottish Legend, a mystic Country, that only comes, once of a Winter's Year. My SOUP! It's my own recipe. Anybody hungry?... A THOUSAND-YARD STARE & I'll know, Brigadoon; you'll be welcome there!
c.2026. dave delacroix.
No comments:
Post a Comment