Popular Posts

Monday, August 24, 2026

Our Man in Europe/now Belize/Dave Delacroix; "CIRCE!"

Our Man i9n Europe/now Belize/Dave Delacroix: "CIRCE!"

(Circe, a Greek Goddess/Witch (?) who would, at her bidding subjugate/transform Men into animals/pretty much bacon! Christian captive castaways, not a big problem as long as they were served up in dignity with eggs, toast & marmalade but ISLAMISTS had a problem with Circe's choice of Brunch!)

"CIRCE!"

...SHE WAS PERFECT, AN ARTIST, AFGHAN-WARDROBE, a swish of Time, a Trophy bride? -WHO, her many suitors say: "Here's a Gal who could rule the World." -She stole my heart - Lord KNOWS an easy rental & for a while I accepted this tenancy; but after a while Life's "Utilities" got wild: And I'm now renown, as the Man who GOT AWAY!

...SHEs got everything she NEEDS (Bob Dylan) & and she had an Afghan Hound (Doggie) so what was my emotional role supposed to be? And U gotta WONDER this day where would I be? I woz the LAD that got away & set himself free!

(Baritone-singing: The ANGELS SING, applause-resounding!) ... I now skip along. This ain't no DIRGE, no Bell Un-sounding for the Man who got away, just in time. These days, but hard fought! -No longer CIRCE in my mind.

c.2026. Dave Delacroix.


No comments:

Post a Comment