Popular Posts

Sunday, August 16, 2026

Our Man in Europe/now Belize/Dave Delacroix: "DETOX!"

 Our Man in Europe/now Belize/Dave Delacroix: "DETOX!"

(Singing:) ...I AIN'T GOT DAT DAMN WHOOSITS anymore! THINK -the Blues without no shoes or your Mammas cookin without chilli? I ain't dat whoosits anymore.

I ain't got no BOOGALOO. I ain't got no Boogaloo. I pawned my guitar/w-Soul, got $29 (no alligator purse), seemed like a good deal at the time, bought me a bottle of "Nigh Train" (fortified wine) & slurped it, back & forth on the Staten Island ferry.

I ain't got no needles, NOR DOOZIES on my arm. She left me for some other suckers' wallet/charms. And I ain't got dat whooses anymore. Every cloud (LOL) has a silver whoosits!?...

And my hair going gray (wotchagonnaDO?) I still place a bet or 2, yesterday I bought a new pair of shoes bit I AIN'T got DEM WHOSSITS anymore.

c.2026. Dave Delacroix.

No comments:

Post a Comment