Our Man in Europe/now Belize/Dave Delacroix: "The Lazy Eye!"
...THERE'S SOMETHING - I WAS BORN WITH - in my EYE; a SPECK, a flaw that I can't get out/rectify. It worries my mind. A life-long handicap which sometimes U R apt to hide. Chain smoking & galoshes of beer & Scotch Whisky do their best to compensate.
(My old MOM used to say: "All Artists R renown for having bad eyesight!?")
All MAN wears unspeakable shadows in the penury-pit of their unforgiving Souls. U should hear just HALF of these cretins, kneel-side by their mattress, nightly, begging a fictious Allah, Buda or GOD looking for redemption for enjoying brutal Internet Porn! -The pastimes of Priests, Imans, Rabbis & Politicians! Possibly, your favorite Uncle? (We tremble!!!).
My own story? I have "Canvasari" (an Arabian wagon train) across deserts & lands and as for the 7-SEAS, I faced mortality but survived, and in retrospect, sometimes, one wished one had died...but that speck in my EYE, my proscribed "Lazy Eye" would always urge me forward, despite this incumbent to somehow SEE.
...I witnessed, firsthand, POVERTY, the "badlands!", saw tragedy, degradation laid at my own front door & the HORROR of Man versus Man; I never ever VOTED. Like a Coward or a Refugee, I always voted with my feet?
There's SOMETHING in my EYE or in my mind. A legacy of something from the Past, something half buried, perhaps in my flawed Eye? ODYESSUS, post Trojan War just trying to get home? Such is a half blind man, no Smartphone, no G.P.S, adrift on an ocean's breeze. The Sun always rises. Maybe/It SHOULD be our GOD...Leastways, even thru my Lazy Eye, I perceive, it always arrives at dawn with a sense of glee!
c.2026. Dave Delacroix.
No comments:
Post a Comment