Popular Posts

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Our Man in Europe/dave delacroix/the Naked Planet, No.4: "The good Woman of Sechuzan."

Our Man in Europe/dave delacroix//the Naked Planet, No. 4:  "The Good Woman of Sechuzan."

(apres, Bertolt Brecht, and read by Peter Lorre)

...Anna is from China. Operates a Barbershop, via Taverna, across from Piacenza's  General Hospital. (It's real close to the HOTEL DAVE)
Anna, a confident-buxom gal, who, I since discovered was the ANCHOR in some All-gal, Chinese wrestling Team; and - I hear? - took the Silver Medallion, in Kyoto, by storm?
"Sit on the chair!" -in Italian. I am instructed, simultaneously, trying to curry favor by "mouthing" "MEEE-HOW!?"  -whilst being cloaked in Surgical blankets and relentlessly sprayed with perfumed-aqua products?
THIS, is a critical moment. Actually? -I need to explain my hair-cut-fashion-VISION; but, no dice. I'm sat in the Barber chair, SHE (Anna) smiles, sardonically (U ever SEE an Asian person Sardonic?), then she douses my "Gen. Armstrong Custer"-wavy locks with yet another layer of Aqua?
...The following belongs in a Freddy Fellini movie.
So as not to interrupt - and, remember, folks? - I only wanted a "casual MULLET", Anna  - out of the blue - BICEPS my old neck in an ARM-LOCK, which in Wrestling "parlance" is called a "Full Nelson" (?) so that I was shorn at a 45 degree angle from the Barber chair, one leg extended in the air, both arms flay ling like uninhibited chicken wings still exhibiting nervous tension, all combined, expressing STARK fear thru my one good eye?.
After 20 minutes, pretty much SHORN like a New Zealand lamb before "termination rites", Anna's  ARM-LOCK is released and I can now rest on both buttocks on the Barber's chair; additionally, my ARMS, correspond in this un-hoped for tranquility, and quit flay ling?
...Arizona tumbleweeds  (this is all about a haircut) never had it so good. Anna, like a U.S. Interstate highway, ignores this, then switches to SHANGHAI-LIL, Miss Sublime...and as flighty and as gentle as a BOLSHOI VIRGIN, dances quick, fastidious, in a delightful "pas de deux" of scissors and comb, around, and around my head she goes?
For €10/30 minutes, TOPS! -Anna parked my ass back on the via Taverna looking, and feeling, like a Million Bucks!
I do believe I will see "the good woman of Sechuzan" again...


c 2014/davedelacroix/lord borgo/piacenza-Italy


No comments:

Post a Comment