Popular Posts

Sunday, March 2, 2014

OUR MAN in EUROPE/dave delacroix/the IDES of March, No. 5: "My evil twin..."


Our Man in Europe/davedelacroix/the IDES of March, No. 5:  "My evil twin..."


Who's dat man who hides BOOZE
in house corners,
or puts his last $20
in a place ya can't find?
And when it comes to WORK;
"A'mah working already!" he says.
It's true and SO un-true
of My Evil Twin.

Just where was he
when, Me, juggling the books?
And do NOT be surprised;
he'll give you that look?
A "dependable Joe"
on a permanent "Go-Slow!"
The whistle and the hum
of My Evil Twin.

But when you're STUCK
for a ride
or when you almost DIED?
-dat "son-of-a-gun".
wearing no tie-- He'll
save you from drowning,
SINGLE-HANDED,
pull the kids from the fire:
Don't SHOOT him right now;
My Evil Twin.

Who's dat "Xò%!!!" asleep
in the back yard?
Where's dat OAF!?
-why doesn't he need ME?
Like the "fool on the hill"
-don't let me catch you YAWNING!
Not lonesome, like me;
My Evil Twin...


c 2014/davedelacroix/lord borgo/piacenza-Italia.


No comments:

Post a Comment