Popular Posts

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Our Man in Europe/dave delacroix/ze basement tapes, No. 3: "Put dat SUCKER on!"

Our Man in Europe/davedelacroix/ze Basement tapes, No. 3:  "Put dat sucker on!..."

...It's bin a long day
and your Gal is away;
I say: Put dat Sucker on!
Don't mean a THANG
if you got no ZING;
Just put dat Sucker on!

You may be down, Albuquerque?
You may even be down in MAINE!?
-Follow mah advice,
and - you? - BE NICE!
But put dat Sucker on.

It might be a bottle
or a "smoke" or 2,
you may be an Arab
or you may be a Jew?
You may be an Atheist
or a BUDDHIST, too?
(but it don't matter to me or you?)
-just put dat Sucker on.!

And when your love comes home
- in her CADILLAC -
throw some party
in the old "Love Shack";
she sez: "Babee - music -
I wanna PLAY DAT TRACK!?"

I say, "Put dat SUCKER on!"
I said: "Put dat Sucker on!"

...Well, it's bin a long day, but
now she's here to stay?
(READ MAH LIPS, PEOPLE!?:)

(Y'all singing:)
..."Put dat Sucker, ON! YO
PUT dat Sucker on...!"

 -COZ
the nite is long
that never finds the day (so put dat
sucker on?)

 Heaven or Hell,
who can tell; someone's a'bin messin'
with the signposts/I couldn't
find my way, either? -an like I say,
it's bin a long dang day:
YEEHAW!
HOT DANG! -Sweet Song?
SWEET SONG!!!
...Just put dat Sucker on. Just
put dat Sucker on...:)


c 2013/davedelacroix/lord borgo/our man in europe/piacemza/italy...


No comments:

Post a Comment