Popular Posts

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Our Man in Europe/dave delacroix/Cries and Whispers: Song for Teheran.


Our Man in Europe/davedelacroix/Cries and Whispers: No. 8:  Song for Teheran.


..."Asri lel ya yamali. Hadhi alek ya ibn Ali..."

....At the grandee palazzo, college, on via taverna, Piacenza, Italy,  last Thursday, I did play? Essentially, an IRANIAN student concertina, but I invited several wealthy Italian friends. Some wore robes. Some, wore a head-scarf? -The Italians? -Milano-fashion-istas arrived with a sense of Joy; and not before had I played to TWO diametrically opposed Cultures: I "did ma' thang"; the Italians laughed, fell on the floor, and drank copious amounts of vino whilst  my NEW Iranian buddies (50-half and half- both gender) were intrigued but DID NOT LET GO; less word got back to Teheran?
The only PERSIAN story I know, I quote from Professor Victor Frankel (he's FREUD No. 3/survivor of the Nazis death camps:)

"Death in Teheran" (Italians and Persians take note!)

"A rich and mighty Persian once walked in the garden with one of his servants. The servant cried that he had just encountered Death, who had threatened him. He begged his master to give him his fastest horse so that he could make haste and flee to Teheran, which he could reach that same evening?.. The master consented and the servant galloped off on the horse.
On returning to his house the master himself met Death, and questioned him, "Why did you terrify and threaten my servant?"
"-I did not threaten him;" said Death. " I only showed surprise in still finding him here when I planned to meet him tonight in Teheran..."



c 2'013/davedelacroix/lord borgo/our man in europe




No comments:

Post a Comment