Popular Posts

Saturday, July 18, 2026

Our Man in Europe/now Belize/Dave Delacroix: "North by North-West!"

 Our Man in Europe/now Belize/small country by Mexico/Dave Delacroix: "North by North-West!"

(dedicato: Mah-Babee, Carol Aniello & QUEEN NADIA, Chicagoan & Mayoress of Ranchito, Belize.)

"North by North-West!"

MAH BABEE DONE GONE BACK to the U.S. of A., but alas, (Song by Dave van Ronk/1960s/covered by Bob Dylan:) "Baby let me follow U down." due to (Donald Trump) Immigration VISA complications, I cannot do! And I DO BELIEVE that DONALD for new-baby Christenings is of now as un-popular as ADOLF!!! (Go figure.) HITLER of course never requested his likeness added to Mount Rushmore though his moustache might have aided Carey Grant's cliff-hanger in the HITCHCOCK movie, "North by Northwest"! But I digress...

...MAH BABEE DONE GONE (today) back to "the home of the brave & the land - aha! - of the Free". But I cannot follow her. Actually...er...the fact IS I in-advertently over-stayed my Tourist-Visitor's VISA by 27 YEARS (I assure U/purely a clerical over-sight on my part) all the while, recording several CD's, playing Gigs, festivals, Roadhouses, cafes & Bars, appearing on T.V. shows, busking on the street and I DID make it back to Europe once or twice and rarely - hitch-hiking w/guitar - had problems with America's "finest" (Cops!)  though I DID get thrown into the "drunk tank" (overnight stay) once in a while (Denver, Jacksonville-Fla., Nashville-Tennessee, Delacroix-Mississippi comes to mind?) but those "Barney Fife's", airport Immigration "Wooden-Tops", Raleigh-Carolina, recently Computerized, had my "drunk tank" BIO done to rights: Third time USA re-entry, DENIED...And I SO HATE negativity? But I digress...

MAH BABEE DONE GONE BACK to "Trump-Land", for a while & (aged 70!) I'm sad & lonely though I'm THINKING - North by North-West - she's gonna be back here - in BELIZE - real soon!... I LOVE the opening soundtrack of that Movie by the way? North by Northwest?... But once again...I digress...

c.2026. Dave Delacroix/on Facebook: David Michael Oxley. See Y-all on Campus!





No comments:

Post a Comment